Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to attach multiple file in one mail

Hi,

I've problems with sending multiple files via Gmail account (Ipad version) When sending the photo or video, I've to just click the photo and choose send to mail one by one. Any simpler way? Sometimes i did sent both mpg and jpg but the reciepient didn't see any attachment too 😕

Anyone can help advise how to attach different file (doc, video, photo) in one mail will be a lot appreciated. Thank you so much 🙂

iPad

Posted on Jun 10, 2011 6:44 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 10, 2011 7:09 AM

Attachments are handled from within each respective application, as iPad does not really have an exposed file system. There is not currently an option for multiple email attachments.

33 replies

Jun 10, 2011 10:29 AM in response to Craig Brady

Hello Craig Baby. Thanks so much but I don't clearly understand it. Did you mean sent multiple e-mail in one mail?😕

I meant how to attach the file in Google mail via Ipad? I don't see any attach button. I want to attach photo, mpg file and doc file in the same e-mail but I don't know how? Now I've wasting my time go to the location of the file i save in Ipad then just click send to mail one by one...😢 How can I send many attachment files in one e-mail like the ordinary PC?

Anybody can help me fix this out??? Thank you so much

Jun 10, 2011 10:52 AM in response to andrearella

I thought Craig's explanation was spot on. The way you attach files to mail with an iPad is to open the application from which the attachment is visible. For example you would open your word processor then send the mail and attachment (doc file for example) from the word processing application.

You don't open an email app like mail, Google, Thunderbird, etc as you do on a computer then select attachments.

Nov 14, 2011 8:06 AM in response to andrearella

You can attach multiple pictures to an email on an ipad2. Don't know about original iPad.

Choose a photo or take a screen shot (hold down home button and button next to volume control at same time--screen shot now will appear in photos).

Go to photos and edit your picture or screen shot, save it, then hold down on the image and copy it.

Go to mail, create a new mail and paste it in.

Save you mail as a draft.

Go back to photos and select a different photo, copy it, and return to your draft, and paste it in. Repeat if you need to add more.

Anything that you can take a screen shot or have an photo of can be pasted in one at a time into that draft email.

If mail gets uncooperative, during this process, then double click on home button and quit multitasking mail, then open up mail again and send your draft. Uncooperative means gets frozen.

Dec 2, 2011 10:15 AM in response to andrearella

I just downloaded an app from the App Store called Group Email and sent an email with a .docx file and a .PDF file attached. The app accesses my Dropbox account (I don't think you can send an email from Dropbox with anything actually attached; you have to provide access to your doc or folder and the recipient must create their own login at Dropbox before they can actually view your attachments). But there are ways other than Dropbox to get to the docs, photos, videos, etc. that you want to send. It was really easy.

I have used Multi-Photo, also in the App Store, for quite a while to email multiple photos.

I hope one of these provides an acceptable solution.

Regards,

Ellen

Jan 22, 2012 9:19 PM in response to andrearella

Use Good Reader app. It works without drama. It supports many cloud storage systems, WebDav, FTP transfer, USB transfer (via iTunes).

Create your document/attachments and then upload to DropBox (or wherever). Down load them to Good Reader then use GR's Manage Files tools to send an email. You can attach as many files as you like. You can even send a folder if you zip it first. This app takes away all the pain of being limited with iPad original model.

How to attach multiple file in one mail

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.