Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Configure airport express with iPad?

Is it possible to configure an Airport Express using an iPad?

I'm on the road. I have an airport express and an iPad2. The hotel has DSL service. I connected a CAT5 cable between the wall-mounted RJ-45 jack and the airport express (AEx). Then I reset the AEx and opened the Settings app on iPad to see if a wi-fi hotspot was available to connect to.

Although the AEx never "greens up" (blinking amber all the time) a hotspot named Apple Network XXXXXX appears and is available. I can connect to it and surf the web. The problem is that a cannot secure the network with WPA/WPA2.

Is there an equivalent to Airport Utility for configuring Apple-branded wireless routers using an iPad? If not, what are my options?

iPad 2, iOS 4.3.2, Wi-Fi + 3G

Posted on Jun 10, 2011 7:21 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 10, 2011 7:57 AM

Airport Express on the road

3 replies

Configure airport express with iPad?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.