Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Text style in Mail after copy/paste

Hi,

I am dealing with a very annoying issue in Mail: when copy/pasting rich text from any source into a mail body, the font (style/size/color/...) is modified to reflect the last item that was pasted, and does not revert to the style BEFORE the copy/paste operation.

My current way around this is to add several empty lines, and then go up to pase, hence preserving the original style below the pasted region. This is quite annoying. Does anyone know a fix around this ?

I also know I have the option to select the text, right-click > Font > Styles... and select the default style. But that option does not retain the font size of the "before-pasting" text.

If someone from the Apple Mail team reads this, could it be possible to have the default behavior NOT modifying the body's style after copy/paste? Or a plist / menu property to define the behavior ?

Thanks,

Karolos

Mail-OTHER, Mac OS X (10.6)

Posted on Jun 10, 2011 8:10 AM

1 reply

Jun 10, 2011 8:21 AM in response to karolosp

I've seen several discussions around this but NO satisfactory solution (the extra space/carriage return trick is a temporary hack and not a solution).

However, I was able to figure out that cmd+shift+v will paste the test indented (i.e. with '>' in the body, and a vertical colored line in mail) AND preserves the style before the pasting process. The cmd+option+shift+v unfortunately does not preserve the copied text's style (which is brought to match the original style). Clearly, there should be a combination to acheive this without the indentaiton.

Cheers,

Karolos

Text style in Mail after copy/paste

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.