Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Is there a way to bring footnotes under the text in pages?

I am trying to figure out if there is a way to bring the footnote divider bar under the text of a paper I am working on. Any help is appreciated.

Pages-OTHER, Mac OS X (10.6.7)

Posted on Jun 10, 2011 9:14 AM

2 replies

Jun 10, 2011 11:36 AM in response to GSBurke3

Footnotes can be placed at the bottom of the page containing the Footnote marker, at the end of the Section containing the marker, or at the end of the Document containing the marker. Placement is done in the (Document) Inspector.

Pages '09 offers only a limited selection of ways to format footnotes, described on p. 54-55 of the Pages '09 User Guide:

User uploaded file

There's no mention of changing the format of the rule separating footnotes from the body text on the page.

Regards,

Barry

Jun 10, 2011 1:59 PM in response to GSBurke3

User uploaded file

If it's really what you want to achieve, it's quite simple to do.

(1) I inserted a white floating shape which hide the normal horizontal line which is just above the note.

(2) I inserted an inline shape of kind line just after the last line of text.

If I remember well we may move the standard horizontal line with a bit of surgery in the index.xml file describing the document but it would be useless because it would put every lines at a fixed distance from the first note.

Yvan KOENIG (VALLAURIS, France) vendredi 10 juin 2011 22:56:17

iMac 21”5, i7, 2.8 GHz, 4 Gbytes, 1 Tbytes, mac OS X 10.6.7

Please : Search for questions similar to your own before submitting them to the community

To be the AW6 successor, iWork MUST integrate a TRUE DB, not a list organizer !

Is there a way to bring footnotes under the text in pages?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.