Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

no camera found when syncing itunes

When I sync my iphone 4 and Ipad 2 with my itunes account I get an "no camera found" why does this happen and how do I fix it?

Thanks

iPhone 4, iOS 4.3.2

Posted on Jun 10, 2011 10:12 AM

1 reply

Jul 18, 2011 3:20 PM in response to Brett312

Not sure if you are still having the issue but I ran into this a month or so back and the following is the fix that I found worked for me.

I found that the issue was with other software I installed. Normally I leave the "Connecting camera opens," in the iPhoto preferences, set to no application because I don't always want to download pics every time I sync my iOS devices. When I installed the Canon software, that came with my camera, it set this setting to "camera window" which is part of the Canon Suite that came with my camera. So when I plugged in an iOS device it tried to open "camera window" to which "camera window" couldn't find a Canon camera and says "no camera found."

What is you setting set to? If you will set this setting in iPhoto to "no application" you shouldn't have a problem anymore. If you plug in a camera and open iPhoto, iPhoto will function normally as it would. It just disables the automatic launch of the program when you plug in a camera.

Let me know if it works for you too.

User uploaded file

no camera found when syncing itunes

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.