Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Looking to find out if a Airport Extreme works

I have a ordinal a Airport Extreme Base Station that I original bought when I bought my first MacBook back in 07 and I'm wondering how if I can test along side the new AEBS I have running now. I can plug into into the the internet from the modem and can supply power to it, but would like to know since it's been a few years since I used what the networks should be called if the reset I did on it should be called?

MacBook Pro, Mac OS X (10.6.7), Airport Extreme, Mac OSX (10.6.7)

Posted on Jun 10, 2011 1:19 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 10, 2011 2:35 PM

I would suggest that you perform a "factory default" reset on the AIrPort Extreme Base Station (AEBS) to get it back to its "out-of-the-box" configuration. In this configuration, it would be providing an unsecured wireless network with name, like: Apple Network NNNNNN

It would also have a base station administrator password of: public

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 10, 2011 2:35 PM in response to worksafe

I would suggest that you perform a "factory default" reset on the AIrPort Extreme Base Station (AEBS) to get it back to its "out-of-the-box" configuration. In this configuration, it would be providing an unsecured wireless network with name, like: Apple Network NNNNNN

It would also have a base station administrator password of: public

Looking to find out if a Airport Extreme works

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.