Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Leopard to Lion?

Can I go from Leopard to Lion? Or do I have to install Snow Leopard before installing Lion?

Also, when installing a new OS is there an option to delete everything off of your computer before installing? I wanted everything to be back to factory condition.

macbook pro

Posted on Jun 11, 2011 1:37 AM

5 replies

Jun 11, 2011 9:31 PM in response to birdsofourown

Can I go from Leopard to Lion? Or do I have to install Snow Leopard before installing Lion?

We really don't know that yet. The recent announcement was the "gee whiz" stuff; no details. Apple's page explaining it very clearly says "to upgrade on day one" requires downloading from the App store, which of course requires Snow Leopard. No mention of day two, or twenty.

When the actual release date is announced, so will more details. Somehow I can't see Apple saying that if you don't have a broadband connection, they no longer want you as a customer, so surely there will be an option (perhaps for a nominal extra fee) to get it on a DVD or USB stick. From that, you might be able to install on a Leopard (or erased) Mac.

Patience. 😉

Leopard to Lion?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.