Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

medical imaging

Can anyone help? I would like to be able to set up my mac for teleradiology and I would like to know hardware requirements. Mostly MRI and CT images.

Thanks. Presently I have an iMac. Also, to do Dragon for mac as Voice dictation hardware requirements?

Thanks

iMac

Posted on Jun 11, 2011 2:23 PM

4 replies

Jun 12, 2011 8:27 AM in response to MGW

Hi Miriam,

This is an iMac with 4g hard drive and os 10.6.7I was thinking of buying dragon for medical, osirix the FDA approved one. I would like to get a bluetooth Phillips speech mike, but I don't think it is compatible. Also, I don't know if I should run voice on a separate comuter. I don't know whether I should get VM fusion with a microsoft operating system. Also, whether I should get a second monitor. My impression is that it would have to be an apple monitor. Any suggestinos?

Thanks

Jun 12, 2011 8:44 AM in response to phenom437

If you have Mac OS 10.6.7, you have a newer Intel-based iMac but have posted in the forum for older iMacs (pre-2006) with PowerPC (PPC) processors; they may not be able to run the latest medical imaging software.

Therefore, as helpful as Miriam has been, you may find more users of this kind of software on newer iMacs if you also ask in the forum for Intel-baed iMacs here:

iMac (Intel)

That might maximize the eyeballs seeing this question. When dealing with a potenitally small user base for one type of software, more views always help!

Jun 12, 2011 8:50 AM in response to phenom437

Osirix works with Snow Leopard as well, and I would think that Dragon does too, I know the non-specific version of it does. Why would you want to run it on a separate computer? It can be turned on and off at will. Both these apps are Mac compatible, so you wouldn't need either VM ware or a second screen.

Simpler is better 😉

User uploaded file

medical imaging

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.