Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Slow downloads problem - re: Lion

Downloads from the App. store are a fine idea, IF you have a fast broadband connection - buy I live in a country area of England where the reputed 4G size of Lion will give me a real problem - a download time of up to 10 hours, so 2 questions --

-- is there a way to resume a broken download ?

-- is there likely to be any alternative to downloading ?

It may surprise Apple that we are not all blessed with fast speeds, indeed some of us are still using a dial-up connection due to being too far from their nearest telephone exchange to have broadband at any speed. Broadband can be really poor out here - a near neighbour has speeds from 130 Kbps

upwards ! - needing (using a download calculator) an impossible 69 hours of downloading.

Mac Mini 2010, iPhone 4, iPad 2, Nano 6, Mac OS X (10.6.7)

Posted on Jun 12, 2011 3:02 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 12, 2011 5:21 AM

I understand your concerns.

Mac App Store: How to resume interrupted downloads

AFAIK, Lion will be available for download from the Mac App Store, but there's always a possibility that Apple may provide a Lion disc that you can order online. No guarantees...

Definitely send feedback to Apple.

http://www.apple.com/feedback/macosx.html

12 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 12, 2011 5:21 AM in response to Dan Mitchell1

I understand your concerns.

Mac App Store: How to resume interrupted downloads

AFAIK, Lion will be available for download from the Mac App Store, but there's always a possibility that Apple may provide a Lion disc that you can order online. No guarantees...

Definitely send feedback to Apple.

http://www.apple.com/feedback/macosx.html

Jun 13, 2011 3:49 AM in response to Dan Mitchell1

according to me and many users it doesn't ! i'm very disappointed with this situation. i downloaded the combo update while i was a 10.6.7 user just because of this problem. but it didn't fix anything. i can't imagine how hard will be for me to download Lion. downloading at %99... Bang ! internet gone, go back to %0.

i have found a solution but i don't know it's possible and i don't know how to do it:

there should be a link that mac app store downloads from and obviously it is hidden somewhere while we download an app. if we can find this link and download it through safari or a download manager, we will solve our issue unless apple puts a small software update to fix it.

Jul 22, 2011 11:39 AM in response to arek89

I had the same problem.. twice..!! Downloaded 99%.. said installing and then suddenly vanished... I have to start from zero... I have run out of my download quota.. and am stuck... can any one tell me where the downloaded stuff has gone... can I resume it some how..!

Appstore resume.. just starts at 0

Aug 28, 2011 4:41 AM in response to Dan Mitchell1

Same here

I closed down all extra programs flipped between safari and camino . Looked to find a download progress bar .

Nothing just a lion Icon with gray /blue bar below it that wont changen,,, Activity M. has zip for indications . Thats 20 hours I"ll never get back .

Didnt seem to load one bite of anything .

Anyway , where do I look to view progress % . I have 21" Imac with SL . Thanks

Slow downloads problem - re: Lion

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.