Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Ingesting .mts AVCHD files into FCE

Is it possible to ingest avchd (.mts) files using Log and Transfer? Reading from past discussions it seems I need a converter. I used voltaic with my old powermac but I thought with an intelmac I would not need to convert .mts files, besides if I connect my videocamera (canon hf200) I am able to import and convert to .mov without the need of any application, however it seems FCE cannot read .mts files saved on disc. I am bit confused, any suggestion?

Thanks

iMac, Mac OS X (10.6.7)

Posted on Jun 12, 2011 6:34 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 12, 2011 6:42 AM

What version of FCE? What are the exact specs of your media? You should not need a converter. Log and transfer uses the metadata folder structure on the card. It does not convert directly from the .mts files. Read the section on log and transfer in the manual.

4 replies

Jun 12, 2011 11:01 AM in response to maxbis2011

I actually use MTS files frequently on FCE. I use a Panasonic HMC40 camera. Just go to log and transfer, plug in your card or your camera, it will then take a little bit to figure all the clips out, then it will show all your clips and you then choose which ones you want then convert, with my comp it takes a long time to convert and is usually about 1GB per min of footage but it's a really high quality camera. Anyways I hope that helps. FCE does support MTS files, but not JUST mts, you also need the "stream" data as well to convert it.

Ingesting .mts AVCHD files into FCE

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.