Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

3g internet connection ocassionally hangs (with bars)

Not too long ago I swapped out my iPhone 4 at the Genius Bar for an unrelated issue. Soon after I started to notice that while broswing Safari, refreshing my twitter stream or doing anything that required my 3G internet connection, my internet would just freeze up and hang there. This seems to be an on and off issue that I experience daily but the strange thing is I usually still have full or almost full bars with a 3G symbol active. I'm puzzled as to what this could be but there are a few things that I do that will clear the issue temporarily (listed below).

1. Turning Airplane mode on/off again
  2. Reset Network Settings
  3. Powering the phone off/on
  4. Waiting...

Doing one or more of those steps seems to clear the issue but only temporarily, I've also tried to restore my software and there was even an update to 4.3.3 from 4.3.2 that still didn't remedy this issue. I'm wondering if this is a known issue or just a bad phone. Any help/advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Posted on Jun 12, 2011 9:28 AM

There are no replies.

3g internet connection ocassionally hangs (with bars)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.