Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I put photo albums in chronological order?

My albums iPhoto were in chronological order. I clicked the "sort" to view them in alphabetical order, now I'd like to put them back in chronological order. How can I do that?

Mac OS X (10.3.5)

Posted on Jun 12, 2011 9:45 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 12, 2011 9:48 PM

View>Sort Photos>By Date

Message was edited by: Matthew McAlister

15 replies

Jun 12, 2011 10:41 PM in response to Matthew McAlister

I have iPhoto 11 (9.1.3). The way to sort albums alphabetically is to click with two fingers (trackpad) or CTRL-click on any album. You will be given a dialogue box with a choice to 'Sort Albums'. WARNING: Once you click it, they're in alphabetical order, and it looks like the only way to get them back in chronological order is manual. I've got over 100 albums. It's an impractical option.

Sep 21, 2014 3:18 PM in response to Brady Nations

My whole library and iPhone were screwed up from this iOS 8 update.

Somehow, over 4,000 photos were deleted from both my iPhone and iPhoto program.

I backed them up to another laptop so am now consolidating and putting every photos onto my iMac then backing up from there.

This is the only way I can figure out how to put everything in chronological order (as I have some "events" that are over 5,000 photos alone, totaling over 30,000 photos) is by going to the EVENTS page, selecting all then click on EVENTS at the top and "AUTOSPLIT EVENTS".

This is now breaking down each of my events into individual dates - from there, I'm hoping that I'll be able to sort everything out.

Will keep you posted.

Sep 21, 2014 3:24 PM in response to jrosales24

1 - your post has no relation to this thread - Threadjacking is not a good idea, reduces your chances of finding a solution and generally messes things up for everyone

2 - upgrading to IOS 8 did NOTHING to your iPhoto for Mac Library - there is no connection of any sort between IOS and iPhoto for the Mac and nothing you did on an IOS device(s) caused any change in your iPhoto fro the Mac library

3 - Maybe if you clearly stated what you did on your Mac in a new thread giving details like version of iPhoto and of the OS, details about what you did on the Mac only and what has happened someone could help

LN

How do I put photo albums in chronological order?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.