Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

MobileMe not working in South Korea!

hello everyone,

I'm from Moscow, Russia. it's happined that I left my iPhone in a taxi cab while visited Seoul, South Korea.

In 15 minutes after leaving a cab I've rushed to an Apple Store near by.

The staff was responsible and tried to locate my lost device, but after we've spent about half of an hour with no results, me and AppleStore consultants were quite surprised to find that programs like "MobileMe" and "Find My iPhone" are working somewhere deep in Russia and NOT WORKING in South Korea. Also not showing it's current location on a map, so I was very disappointed to know this.

In addition, my GSM iPhone was not working as a mobile phone in Korea, so I could use it only as a wifi device to connect my contacts via internet.

I was wondering, if there any other way to locate and find my lost item by using it's serial No?

Maybe I am or my Korean friend could report on lost/stolen item to the police and there might be any possibility to track down the device?

Can the APPLE.COM service techs search through serial numbers of all devices going online?

Please, let me know if there some other options for me in this country.

Thank you in advance.

iPhone 4

Posted on Jun 12, 2011 11:05 PM

There are no replies.

MobileMe not working in South Korea!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.