Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iTunes installation- "errors occured". HELP!

Hey everyone.

I tried updating my iPod Touch 3 (8GB) from iOS4.0 to iOS 4.3, as iTunes constantly reminded me.

(I run Windows XP.)

In the middle of the update, iTunes gave me an error saying that the iPod could not be updated; an unknown error occured (code 1601).

Now it is totally bricked, giving the 'connect to iTunes' logo at startup. iTunes doesn't detect it.

I tried putting my Pod in DFU mode and restoring, but to no avail. It gave the same error (1601) once again.

I looked up 1601 online and found out reinstalling iTunes should solve the problem.

I followed instructions from this article (removing all 6 apps, restarting the PC, blah, blah, blah)- http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1925

Now i've uninstalled iTunes, but am unable to install it back!

When i run the setup (iTunes 10.3.1.55 - from apple's website) it says - "The installer encountered errors before iTunes could be configured. Your system has not been modified."

I'm at the end of my wits now. Please help me out guys!

I've got a brick for an iPod and no iTunes!

I don't have an Apple center nearby, making things worse.

Anyone, please!

P.S. I'm new here, so pls don't mind my redundancy etc...

iPod touch, Windows XP Pro

Posted on Jun 13, 2011 12:32 AM

There are no replies.

iTunes installation- "errors occured". HELP!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.