Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

de-authorize

I have several machines and have also reinstalled Windows more than once on most WIndows machines. I also have a MacBook, but my daughter uses it under her account with her iTunes.

Anyway, I have no idea which machines are authorized and suspect that (as I have reached a total of 5), I may have more than one authorization on only one machine and maybe also some on machine that have already been scrapped/reformated etc.

The easy answer is to de-authorize all, but apparently I did that in 2/2011 so will only be allowed to do it again in 2/2012.

I find that iTunes seems to be in the business of stopping me listening to my music. I have bought nothing from the iTunes store; I buy CDs and rip them and sometimes even rip one belonging to a son, daughter or friend (or even made BY my son). And I buy them elsewhere. So anyway, there's no DRM music on my machines so this whole authorization thing seems only to be a way to get in the way of my music pleasure.

So, how to find out WHICH machines are authorized. (Apple apparently knows, so why can't I know too?)

Basically I dislike iTunes intensely (the interface *****), but I do need it e.g. for DJ and Remote for my music library (though an iPod/iPad/iPhone and Airport).

Acer, Windows 7

Posted on Jun 13, 2011 7:50 AM

2 replies

Jun 13, 2011 8:30 AM in response to mcleaver

The word behind ther asterisks refers to a sharp intake of breath. I have no idea why it should get bleeped out. ANyway, I shall indeed try to contact Apple and ask for a reset. Maybe they can help me regain my old and preferred AppleID at the same time. SOmehow while trying to activate Find My iPhone, I added my work email address and now I can't get my private AppleID back to the old address.

de-authorize

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.