Previous 1 2 Next 20 Replies Latest reply: Jun 14, 2011 8:57 AM by Apfelwurm
Janice Fisher Level 1 (100 points)

I get email with no sender on my iPad only (not on my computer and not in webmail).  There is no sender or no message, and it is dated 12/31/69. It will not delete.  My ipad inbox is filled with this stuff now and I don't know what to do about it. I get 2 or 3 a day.  Another post that I googled said they also had this but that it would delete.  Mine will not, and this is getting to be a major problem.

I don't think I can set up a rule on the iPad to stop it.  And, any rule that I set up on my iMac does not carry over to the iPad.

• deggie Level 9 (52,667 points)

Reset it. Hold down the sleep and home buttons, ignore the red Off slider, wait for the Apple logo, let go of the buttons.

• Apfelwurm Level 4 (1,700 points)

Have you reset your iPad yet?

Is the "Other" memory increasing?

Check the time intervals of those messages, are they regular?

Is the To line meaningful?

Is the date always the same?

Do the messages contain a subject?

Swiping left or right over the message title in the message list, do you get to see the Delete button?

Do you get these messages when you do certain operations on your iPad?

If no one else has a better idea, I'd suggest to restore your iPad.

This is a known issue that has been around for a while. A Reset will clear them.

Let's hope it works for Janice!

If it doesn't she will be the first one to have it fail.

• Janice Fisher Level 1 (100 points)

Now there's another problem: the sleep wake button does not work.  I cannot depress it to turn the iPad off.  I checked other posts here and there were several with this problem. I have no idea what to do now.

Are you telling us that the sleep/wake button is completely dead?

If this is so, you need to take your iPad to an Apple Service Center or similar for repair.

I couldn't get it to depress...finally I did, though.  Also the airprint is now working. HP got it going so for not I guess I'm set.  I  may be back about the off button....is there some trick to it that I am not aware of.  It doesn't seem like anything should be that hard to press.

No, there is no trick to press the sleep/wake button, it should work quite smoothly and do its job.

To get back to the subject, did you manage to reset your iPad now?

Anyway, you ought to get an Apple technician to check out that sleep/wake button.

I did reset the iPad.  The last I looked there were no emails without senders or subjects so I'm hoping that solves it.I'm still getting all the deleted email coming back. I changed the settings which I thought would take care of it, but it didn't.

Thanks so much for all your help.

Well, I did suggest a series of remedies, but it was really "deggie" who was convinced that only a reset would solve the problem.

About that sleep/wake button, could it be that it got wet or greasy or both?

If that sleep/wake button got wet, use a hairdryer and carefully blow warm air on it without overheating anything.

it's been a series of things with this iPad which only this discussion board has been able to resolve. The mail seems better.  All had senders and there was not quite as much old Mail as before.

The printer works perfectly. After 12 Hours the ipad was only 75 percent

Percent charged.  Not sure what that means except that I'll have to pay a small fortunennkn,njjjkk for a data sync cord. The long and inexpensive one doesn't work apparently.

I dont know about the sleep switch.  Sometimes it works well. Other times I can't move it at all.  Over all, very discouraging.

Sorry about typo above.  I can't find place to edit

Janice Fisher wrote:

After 12 Hours the ipad was only 75 percent

Percent charged.  Not sure what that means except that I'll have to pay a small fortunennkn,njjjkk for a data sync cord. The long and inexpensive one doesn't work apparently.

I am not sure what you mean.

How are you recharging the iPad battery?

What do you mean by "data sync cord"? The USB cable supplied with every iPad? What "long and inexpensive one"?

Using the 10W USB power adapter, I can recharge my iPad's battery from 0% to 100% in just under 4 hours.

I am recharging the exhausted battery right now, and after 2 hours it has reached 64%.

Previous 1 2 Next