Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I have a MacBook Pro that is currently running on Mac OS X 10.5.8 but the new 10.6.7 update is now out. When I run the Software Update Check it says my Mac is up to date although it is obviously not. How do I get it to update to Mac OS X 10.6.7?

iTunes has also been taking forever to load. I have tried to use the disk utilities clean up to repair disk permissions... I don't know what else to do. Thanks for your help!

MacBook Pro, Mac OS X (10.5.8)

Posted on Jun 13, 2011 7:48 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 13, 2011 7:50 PM

Snow Leopard (10.6.X) is a paid upgrade. You will need to purchase the retail DVD for Snow Leopard ($29 US)

Stedman

5 replies

Jun 13, 2011 8:47 PM in response to jared1991

In addition to Stedman's spot-on reply --

When you buy an upgrade disk, all updates in that OS can be found on Software Update.

For instance, I bought Snow Leopard at 10.6.

All other updates have been free and downloadable. So I'm not a 10.6.7.

10.4 (Tiger) went to 10.4.11.

10.5 (Leopard) went to 1.5.8

10.6(Snow Leopard) is currently at 10.6.7.

Now, when Lion come out (the next major upgrade of OSX), I will have to pay to go to 10.7.

After that, updates are free til 10.8 comes out.

I have a MacBook Pro that is currently running on Mac OS X 10.5.8 but the new 10.6.7 update is now out. When I run the Software Update Check it says my Mac is up to date although it is obviously not. How do I get it to update to Mac OS X 10.6.7?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.