Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

i'm trying to use a madcatz controller on the mac but it turns on for 2 seconds and turns off. the system profiler picks it up as a xbox 360 gamepad but says its not been configured. how can i allow my self use this with my games.

i'm trying to use a madcatz controller on the mac but it turns on for 2 seconds and turns off. the system profiler picks it up as a xbox 360 gamepad but says its not been configured. how can i allow my self use this with my games!

iMac

Posted on Jun 13, 2011 11:44 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 14, 2011 2:34 AM

Madcatz has controllers specifically for the mac and they also have drivers for it (check their website). If you are trying to use a non mac controller then you might need something like USB Overdrive: http://www.usboverdrive.com

5 replies

Jun 14, 2011 6:39 AM in response to Sonicray

ok so i have usb overdrive and i plug in my controller but it still flashes on then turns off. my computer sees that it is in the computer but will not configure it. soo i dont know what to do next. or if anything can be done. i have multiple drivers that are supposed to be used for controllers like this but i dont know if they work with 3rd party controllers.

Nov 14, 2012 3:57 AM in response to Legacy21

I have exactly the same problem.

I'm a little peed-off with Microsoft on this. The original wireless controller I have doesn't work either since the cable I'm using is 'just' the charge and play cable, so a direct connection to my Mac won't work with this cable. It's a cable for god's sake. Why on EARTH put any limitations on this!?!?

Next I learn I need an additional USB wireless receiver from Microsoft to get my original 360 controller to talk to my Mac. As I certainly don't want to fork any more microsoft dollars on this, this is not an option.

Next I think, yes! I have a MadCatz 360 wired USB controller. This should surely do the trick just plugging it in and the way I go. But oh no, for some reason I plug my MadCatz Xbox360 controller in, it flashes a few times then switches off and can't be turned on again.

The System Profiles recognizes it as a MadCatz 360 device controller but that is about it, but the ontroller software I download for the System Prefs (360Controller, USBOverdrive etc) don't even recognize the controller as being plugged in.

What the **** Is The Microsoft Deal with all of this!?!?

PS: Oh, and I forgot to mention, there are No drivers for device 4716 that I can find on the MadCatz website, or am I going blind?

If anyone has a link, it would be appreciated.

Message was edited by: nostrawaggus

i'm trying to use a madcatz controller on the mac but it turns on for 2 seconds and turns off. the system profiler picks it up as a xbox 360 gamepad but says its not been configured. how can i allow my self use this with my games.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.