1 Reply Latest reply: Jun 14, 2011 4:05 AM by fullyautomatix99
Khmelevsky Level 1 (0 points)

Dear Sirs,

Explain me, please. How can I buy an iPad with Wi-Fi + 3G without specific carrier that provides 3G cellular network?

My friend is going to travel to the U.S. this summer. So I'd like to ask him to buy me an iPad with Wi-Fi + 3G. But I don't live in the U.S. and there's no AT&T or Verizon in my country. That why I'll have to choose the carrier that provides 3G cellular network in my country, not AT&T or Verizon.

How my friend can buy online through the Apple Store an iPad with Wi-Fi + 3G without specific carrier that provides 3G cellular network ?

I'll be very  grateful if you could answer me.

iPad 2, Windows XP
  • fullyautomatix99 Level 1 (5 points)

The ipad 2 3G version is not carrier locked in (like the iphones) to any particular carrier, even though in the US and some other countries they appear to be linked with certain phone companies' 3G price plans. The difference lies in the technology used for conveying 3G. AT&T uses GSM and Verizon CDMA. Therefore,

if you have GSM in your country then I suggest you buy an Ipad 2 with 3G which supports this from the US like the AT&T one. It should work fine. Hope this helps.

PS