Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Placing Background move issue - Live type

I'm having trouble with placing a background movie in live type. I encoded a 5 second movie in HDV 1080i60... I've set my project properties to HDV1080i60 and when I place the movie in the background it squeezes it to 4:3. Am I missing something? Thanks for any help!

John

17" MacBook Pro, Mac OS X (10.6.3)

Posted on Jun 14, 2011 5:39 PM

6 replies

Jun 14, 2011 6:28 PM in response to Tuza

Your HDV clip is 4x3. its 1440x1080 Final Cut Pro does an anamorphic stretch to make is 16x9. Run your clip through compressor make a prores file (or any video codec you like, such as PhotoJpeg, AIC, whatever) but go to the Geometry room and set your dimensions to 1920x1080 with a 1.0 pixel aspect ration. That should fix your issue. Livetype has all sorts of problems with interpret footage. The application is a legacy app and support is lacks on it.

For compressor setting look at the attached image

User uploaded file

Jun 14, 2011 6:35 PM in response to Christina Rodriguez

Thanks Christina. I've set my project properties to 1080i60 and encoded my video using compressor and using a Quicktime conversion. they both output the correct file. my canvas in LIve Type is set to the 1080i60 but when I place the movie it snaps to what looks like a 4:3 format.

When I check my project props after placement, the size switches to "custom" but still retains the 1440 x 1080 width and height.

Thanks for your quick response to my issue by the way... I 'm still not clear as to what is happening. I was able to use the "place" options instead of "place background movie"....my canvas stayed at the 16:9 ratio but my video was somewhat narrower. I used the transform capabilities (the handles on the placed video) of the video and the canvas as a guide and just sized it to the right ratio.

Hope this isn't too complicated of a reply 😕

and Thank again for the reply

Placing Background move issue - Live type

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.