Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone not ringing with blocked calls

Hi all,

I've been encountering a problem with my iPhone 4 for about a month now (IOS 4.3). My phone displays a missed call without ever ringing, and in the call history the caller is 'blocked'.

It appears to be when the caller is calling from a withheld number - although it still does ring at times with the number coming up 'withheld' and all is good. I've tested this myself using my business landline which withholds the caller ID. Sitting next to my iPhone using the landline, I hear the ring tone coming through the line, but the actual iPhone itself doesn't ring or even display a call coming through. When I hang up the landline, my iPhone pings with a missed call. This happens now all the time.

I don't have any 3rd party blocking software installed, and after a week of the following 'suggestions' from Vodafone, I'm now out of ideas!

- reset network settings - done

- sync with itunes - done

- sent out and replaced Simcard - done

- sending me a user guide (*** ??) - done

- suggesting I restore the phone completely - not done yet (last resort)

Any other help would be much appreciated.

Cheers,

David

iPhone 4, iOS 4.3

Posted on Jun 15, 2011 2:31 AM

There are no replies.

iPhone not ringing with blocked calls

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.