Newsroom Update

Beginning in May, a special Today at Apple series titled “Made for Business” will offer small business owners and entrepreneurs free opportunities to learn how Apple products and services can support their growth and success. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

10.6 Podcast Producer with 10.5 xgrid agents?

Hi,

I have a Snow Leopard server setup. It is a standalone server, not a domain controller. Using the 'Configure Podcast Producer...' button in Server Admin I was able to get the Podcast Producer working and the server itself is the only Xgrid agent that is logged in.

All my other computers are 10.5.x. Can they be used to expand the xgrid for PodCast producer? If I turn off the xgrid authentication I can easily get 10.5 machines to show up as agents but then the Podcast Producer jobs do not run because I believe it requires Kerberos authentication.

I found this link:

https://discussions.apple.com/thread/2376321?answerId=11486406022#11486406022&messageID=11486406

On how to add computers to the grid (w/ Xgrid set for Kerberos authentication as needed for Podcast Producer) but in trying that I am not able to get any of my 10.5 machines to show up as agents.

Any other tips or tricks on how to make this work? I'm hoping to get more people creating Podcasts so it would be nice if the jobs could be distributed across an xgrid.

Thanks,

Shawn

Mac OS X (10.6.7)

Posted on Jun 15, 2011 7:36 AM

There are no replies.

10.6 Podcast Producer with 10.5 xgrid agents?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.