Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Printing on a Risograph RP3700

I want to run my Risograph Printer RP3700 from my iMac. I have connected a USB to parallel cable but I cannot find an obvious driver from the Add Printer list which shows "Prolific Technology Inc. IEEE-1284 Controller" which I have selected. Still, the RP3700 does not print. Please tell me what am I doing wrong?

RISOGRAPH 3700-OTHER, Mac OS X (10.4.11)

Posted on Jun 15, 2011 8:14 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 15, 2011 8:52 AM

Have you tried going to the Risograph site and downloading the latest drivers?

User uploaded file

9 replies

Jun 16, 2011 7:41 AM in response to MGW

Thank you for trying to help me. Not being good at the internet, it has taken me an inordinate amount of time even to reach this site! I have tried to find the Risograph site, but have not located anything that helps me. As my RP3700 is now considered "old", I am not sure if it is supported any more. When I was sold the cord I was assured it would do the business, and there was no software with it. The iMac seems to know it has something it recognizes, but IEEE-1284 is obviously not a driver - though it is called a Controller. I am bemused and any further ideas or siggestions would be appreciated.

Jun 16, 2011 8:04 AM in response to simonfromtiverton

Aha! I found the specs and it is not compatible with OS X, which is why it doesn't work.

system controller specifications:
CPU PDL OS
input port
memory network protocol
built in
SH-3 (133 MHz)
RISORINC 3/Enhanced GDI
optional PostScript 3
266MHz (Pentium II equivalent)
Adobe PostScript 3
Windows 95/98, Windows NT 4.0, Windows 2000, and Mac OS 8.6–9.1

Miriam

Jun 16, 2011 8:08 AM in response to simonfromtiverton

Simon wrote:

"As my RP3700 is now considered "old", I am not sure if it is supported any more."

That's an assumption, and one I've found often to be in error. Companies, when you make personal contact, can often provide drivers for legacy equipment. Lacking that, they may be able to recommend workabouts or other solutions. Don;t hesitate to ask.

Here is a RISO page about drivers (the 3700 is not listed) that includes a direct support e-mail address:

http://us.riso.com/cms__Main?name=CustSupport_TechSupport_PrintDrivers

Email them. When asking for a driver, be sure to mention you're using OS10.4.11. That can make a big difference in what they look for in their archives.

Printing on a Risograph RP3700

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.