Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Syncing 20 iPads to one computer?

Hi Team- we are a school district implementing a 20 iPad pilot program. We have a single charge/sync station, and need to be able to sync all the iPads to a single profile via the charging station. Can you tell me what software to use- is there a management software for multiple iPads, or just sync all 20 to a single iTunes account?

Thanks in advance!

iPad 2

Posted on Jun 15, 2011 10:12 AM

17 replies

Jun 16, 2011 9:50 AM in response to Smohrman

Yes you can use the iPhone configuration utility for the ipads. I have recently deployed ~60 ipads and that is how set up all the wireless, email settings, restrictions. All the ipads are tied to one itunes account for the time being.

The configuration utility made the deployment go much smoother for me, only issues that I had was with the end users putting in their passwords wrong..lol

Oct 11, 2011 4:25 AM in response to AllenGoldstein

Well for about half of them, I had to do invidually and put out a configuration file. Now, since we have purchased managment software and also, Lion server has the same management software (or very similar) already built in.

For the other 30, I have a charging/USB cart and did the practically the same with those, configuration file. All the cart does is save time plugging the ipads into your laptop, still need to configure each one at a time.

Let me know if you have any othe questions, try to answer any that you might have.

Feb 24, 2012 8:10 AM in response to AllenGoldstein

We use exactly that device, a 49-port USB sync hub. What's even better is that we can bring it around from room-to-room, which saved us money on not prviding syncing in each room. We got it from a company in New Jersey. I also think it is available on Amazon, under "Datamation 49 port".

The same company has a lot of other accessories to help with large scale deployments.

Syncing 20 iPads to one computer?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.