Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Flash issue on iPhone4

My flash makes my pictures blurry when I use it at night, but my husbands come out perfect when his is used. Does anyone else have this problem? Would Apple replace my phone if I took it in?

iPhone 4, iOS 4.3.2

Posted on Jun 15, 2011 10:29 AM

5 replies

Jun 15, 2011 10:54 AM in response to BellaByrd

Just a few tips:

Hold the iPhone with both hands when taking pictures.

Make sure the photo is centered and zoomed correctly.

Clean both the flash lens and the camera lens area with a microfiber and some liquid cleaner (for electronics).

Is the camera lens scratched?

Turn HDR on and off and see which works better. (it really depends on the scenery)

If after all that it still takes bad pictures, then take it in to the Apple Store and have a "Genius" look at it...

If you have the APP and it is still under warranty then Apple might replace it.

Jul 13, 2011 8:37 AM in response to BellaByrd

I had exactly this problem because I (purposely) left the thin, clear plastic covereing that comes on the back of the phone attached just for some added protection since my otterbox case left the apple logo uncovered.

I couldn't figure out why all my flash photos were just big foggy blurs . . . until I realized I'd left the camera/ flash covered, too. Once I took that clear sheet of thin, plastic away it works perfectly.

Oct 20, 2011 2:46 PM in response to BellaByrd

Remember, This is not a high end DSLR camera and will only produce decent pictures in ideal conditions. You can't expect to get the same quality with a $5.00 cell phone camera as you do with a $1500 pro camera. It's simply not going to happen. On cell phones, the flash is too close to the lens and in very low light conditions, the lens will pick up the flash and cause ghosting. If you are going to take important pictures, or pictures in less than ideal conditions, use a real camera.

It's sad to say, but most young people don't understand these concepts and expect their cell phone gadgets to perform like high end equipment. Again, it's not going to happen.

You can't expect to win a race at Indianapolis with a PT Cruiser

Flash issue on iPhone4

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.