Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Invisible User?

HI

I was creating a new Admin account on OS10.6.6 Server using the Prefs/Accounts pane as usual. After entering details, and initiating the action the server beachballed for 45 mins. Couldn't Force Quit, or shut down ... nothing. Had to hard reboot.

I tried to create the user again, but it says the username is already in use ... though it doesn't appear in my user list.

Anyone know how I can get rid of whatever partial user data was created?

Thanks in advance

Lee

MacBook Pro, Mac OS X (10.6.7)

Posted on Jun 15, 2011 11:56 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 15, 2011 1:36 PM

Launch workgroup manager on the server, and connect it to the local node.

If you haven't already, open WGM's preferences and check Show "All Records" tab and inspector.

You will see a new button across the top (looks like a target). Click that.

Make sure the drop down menu is set to users, and see if you can find a record for the user you attempted to create. If it's there, use the delete function in WGM.

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 15, 2011 1:36 PM in response to leefromnew haven

Launch workgroup manager on the server, and connect it to the local node.

If you haven't already, open WGM's preferences and check Show "All Records" tab and inspector.

You will see a new button across the top (looks like a target). Click that.

Make sure the drop down menu is set to users, and see if you can find a record for the user you attempted to create. If it's there, use the delete function in WGM.

Invisible User?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.