Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Aperture 3.1.2 will fails on start-up (using 10.6.7)

I recently purchased Aperture and used it to some success early on. I believe after the last OS X update (I can't be positive), it began failing before it started. I'd click on the icon to start, and now I just get a crash report or something that looks like it came out of the Console.

Any ideas?

iMac, Mac OS X (10.6.7)

Posted on Jun 15, 2011 12:21 PM

4 replies

Jun 16, 2011 11:14 AM in response to rodgerfromchicago

Hey Rodger,

I've had the same problem with the same software.

Here's what I read and tried that did not help in my situation, but maybe it will help on your system:

• booting in 32-bit mode open (Get Info on Aperture and select Booting in 32-bit)
  • deleting Aperture serialization file
  • starting Aperture with CMD-Option-click and trying all three rebuild options
  • re-installing the appliaction and the recent updates

Here is what made the problem go away temporarily:

turning off AirPort allowed the application to open

however, turning AirPort on AFTER Aperture opened made it crash again within minutes

At last this is what stopped Aperture from crashing upon loading for me:

deleting the Preferences file .com.apple.Aperture.plist file from ~/Library/Preferences

Note, however, that after I did that last step that made MY crashes stop, I now have a smaller but more complicated crahsing issue with Aperture - trying to authenticate via the Facebook plugin is causing Aperture to constantly crash (https://discussions.apple.com/thread/3119025). It doesn't impact any other aspect of Aperture - it works totally fine when I don't try to upload any photos to facebook.

Hope this helps,

Aleksey

Aperture 3.1.2 will fails on start-up (using 10.6.7)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.