Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I find an activation code so I can use Netflix on my ipad2?

Netflix is asking me for an "activation code" for my iPad 2. What is this and where can I find it. I want to be able to watch videos instantly.

iPad 2

Posted on Jun 15, 2011 10:02 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 15, 2011 10:08 PM

I'm guessing referring to the Netflix page:

Activate Your Netflix Ready Device

• Follow the instructions on your device to get an activation code.
  • Your computer and device must both be connected to the Internet to activate.

Open the Netflix app on your iPad while it is connected to a wifi network. There should be instructions telling you to enter the code if my memory serves me correctly.

8 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 15, 2011 10:08 PM in response to andreafrompleasantonj

I'm guessing referring to the Netflix page:

Activate Your Netflix Ready Device

• Follow the instructions on your device to get an activation code.
  • Your computer and device must both be connected to the Internet to activate.

Open the Netflix app on your iPad while it is connected to a wifi network. There should be instructions telling you to enter the code if my memory serves me correctly.

Jun 15, 2011 10:43 PM in response to andreafrompleasantonj

In order to use the Netflix app you must sign up for and continue to pay for the use of Netflix. The Netflix app for iOS or iPad is free, but in order to view movies on your iPad, you need to maintain a subscription. You need to create an account on the Netflix site. The login to Netflix will be your username ( email address) and password. Thus same username and password is used to log into the Netflix app on the iPad. The first month is free, then $8/month for streaming service or $10/month that includes mail DVD's The service is great on iPad and even better when being able to view the video from iPad to TV. I have an original iPad and I have to use the physical composite VGA cable to output the Netflix content to my iPad. No other wireless WiFi media boxes ( with the exception of the newer Apple TV box) will let you stream from your iPad wirelessly. Another note, the Netflix app for iOS doesn't have a complete listing of all of the content available to stream. You need to use mobile Safari on your iPad to access to actual Netflix site and pick or queue up movies to watch from the main site. The Netflix site on mobile Safari will redirect your viewing choices to be played on the Netflix app for iOS automatically. Also, if you want to have Netflix stream to your TV without an iPad, you'll need to purchase Wifi media player such as this made by Apple, Roku or Sony. These work to stream Netflix direct to your TV, however, like the iPad app for Netflix, the content accessed by these wireless streaming devices is also limited and requires you to still use the full Netflix website to access their complete viewable library.

Feb 12, 2012 6:38 PM in response to andreafrompleasantonj

Atlanta, there is no activation code. If you already have a Netflix account, just fire up the app. If you are already logged in, you are taken immediately to the selection screens. If you are not logged in, you are taken to a log in screen.

If you do not already have a Netflix account, I know you can create one easily on a computer. I do not know if you can create an account from the app.

How do I find an activation code so I can use Netflix on my ipad2?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.