Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple and Google deliver support for unwanted tracking alerts in iOS and Android. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Is there an app for the iPhone to open my iMac's isight camera?

I would like to be able to remotely view my mac's isight camera from my iPhone in order to check in what is going on at my house like when a babysitter is here? Is there an easy app for that? Preferably one that does not light up the green isight light so I can be inconspicuous?

iPhone 4, Mac OS X (10.6.7)

Posted on Jun 15, 2011 10:23 PM

1 reply

Jun 15, 2011 10:35 PM in response to christopherfromfarmington

The solution would have to start with software on your computer. I can't recommend any myself. I know that there are multi-cam consumer systems that use a secure web site that allow you to login and view with your iPhone (using a web page) and there may be a similar solution out there.

You mention without the light being activated next to the iSight camera. As I understand it, when the camera is activated so is the light and this is a physical thing, not something programmed. So I would have to say no to that.

Is there an app for the iPhone to open my iMac's isight camera?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.