Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPad can't see my videos

My Mac sees them, but my iPad doesn't show any of my videos. Do you know why.

iPad 2, iOS 4.3.2

Posted on Jun 16, 2011 12:17 AM

9 replies

Jun 16, 2011 10:37 PM in response to J D Knight III

Thanks. I tried this and although my videos/movies sync (mac with ipad connected), in iMovie they still do not show up.

I think the problem has to do with the situation I called apple about the other day.....music videos do not play continuously on a playlist in ipad, although they do on the iphone and mac. This is because the video application on the ipad (which does not exist on the iphone or mac) takes over the videos (from ipod) and therefore cannot play videos continuously on a playlist.

I'm thinking in iMovie has a similar problem. When I sync my personal (and music) videos with ipad/mac - the personal videos don't show up in ipod (like they do on mac and iphone) they show up in the ipad video application. Although the music videos show up in ipod, when you go to play them, they leave the ipod environment and are shown in the video app environment (exclusive on ipad).

I think this is all part of the design flaw that is on the ipad 2 with regards to their Video app. There's no reason that my videos would NOT show up on the ipad, but DO show up on my iphone and mac......

My videos are all in different formats so SOMETHING should show up (especially when they ALL show up on mac/iphone). They are a combination of iphone videos, camera videos, purchased music videos. So - something is wrong with the design of the ipad video application (in my opinion) - unless I'm the only person who cannot view video on my ipad.....

Thanks for your help. If you have other suggestions, great - otherwise, I will call apple.

Jun 17, 2011 2:53 PM in response to nancyfromencinitas

Watching the video at http://www.apple.com/ipad/from-the-app-store/imovie.html she states it will only use video from the iPad2, iPhone4 or latest iPod Touch.

Yes, it doesn't have the ability to re-code any other formats. Keep in mind that the iPad is a Tablet Device, not a Tablet Personal Computer. It only has a fraction of the horsepower that your Mac does.

iPad can't see my videos

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.