Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPod touch: need to restore to previous update so it will work again on mac computer

iPod touch:

- my iPod has always been used with my desktop iMac computer, which has iTunes version 9 currently installed. It is updated to it's latest possible update, so I am assuming it is not compatible with the latest, iTunes 10.

While working on a PC computer at work yesterday, I accidentally okay'd an ipod update/install in where my iPod now cannot be opened on my home Mac computer. It says it requres itunes version 10 to run it, yet my computer is currently up to date with only iTunes 9.

Please help! .. is there a way I can restore my IPod back to the latest previous update so that it will still work on my Mac?.. will this require erasing all the data??..

Thanks for your help.

iPod touch, Mac OS X (10.4.11)

Posted on Jun 16, 2011 8:26 AM

1 reply

Jun 17, 2011 4:52 AM in response to jamiefromsaskatoon

I have since restored my ipod completely, erasing all content and restoring it to it's original settings.

I had to do this on the pc computer, as it still will not open/recognize on the Mac that I want it to work on.

I plugged the restored ipod into the Mac and got the same response-- needs iTunes 10, my computer will only update up to 9.2.1.

Besides the obvious 'time to get a new computer..', is there anything I can do to restore the ipod touch back to a previous software version?? This is frustrating!

iPod touch: need to restore to previous update so it will work again on mac computer

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.