Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Adding Captions to Imported Pictures?

I've returned to Pages after an absence of several years. I've owned every version but have spent a lot of time with OpenOffice/LibreOffice. Please excuse me if this question has been answered before. I searched but didn't find anything.

Question: Is there any way to add a style-defined caption to graphical objects (such as photos) imported into a Pages document? I know how to create a separate textbox and group it with a picture, but I'm looking for a less kludgy way to accomplish this, like what is available in OpenOffice or Microsoft Office.

One of the reasons I'm returning to Pages is because I like the straightforward way that graphical objects can be added, moved, and edited within a Pages document, but I need to be able to add captions.

Thanks.

Late 2010 Macbook Air 13-inch 4GB-OTHER, Mac OS X (10.6.7)

Posted on Jun 16, 2011 10:02 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 16, 2011 10:13 AM

HAve you tried using the words "caption, image, pages" when you did the search? I got several relevant hits. Here is one https://discussions.apple.com/thread/1955282?answerId=9446483022#9446483022

2 replies

Adding Captions to Imported Pictures?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.