Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

image publishing problem

people, help.

I have a site published and running thru iWeb. www.bingsti.ru

It was working alright, but since yesterday it started to mess with images.

All images are small jpg files.

When after making some changes, such as adding text, I upload the site, some images just dissapear.

The image in header never dissapears, but images on the page, they just come and go, without any logic.

The same image used on two pages can be succesfully uploaded at one page and give an error on another.

The error message is that "that there is a problem with the FTP server", but I checked the site folder on FTP and all images are in the folder.

The images are on the server, in the folder, but still iWeb shows the FTP error and refuses to upload jpg images.

Yes, I tried png images. didn't help.

Any ideas

MacBook, Mac OS X (10.6.7)

Posted on Jun 16, 2011 12:34 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 16, 2011 1:05 PM

Publish your site to a folder on your hard drive and open it locally. Check to see if all photos are displaying as they should. If they are then the issue lies in the uploading of the files.

If that's the case you can try using a 3rd party FTP client like the free Cyberduck to upload your site files to the server. Then see if the online site works.

Many user have found that the build in iWeb ftp client would fail and using CD fixed the problem.

OT

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 16, 2011 1:05 PM in response to gleban1

Publish your site to a folder on your hard drive and open it locally. Check to see if all photos are displaying as they should. If they are then the issue lies in the uploading of the files.

If that's the case you can try using a 3rd party FTP client like the free Cyberduck to upload your site files to the server. Then see if the online site works.

Many user have found that the build in iWeb ftp client would fail and using CD fixed the problem.

OT

Jun 16, 2011 1:29 PM in response to Old Toad

thanks Old Toad.

I tried to publish to a folder and all images are there, meaning that this is an iWeb bug unstable with images uploading.

What a shame! I wish I could do all in iWeb without using any Cyberducks.

Thanks anyway. I hope it would work when I figutre out all settings in Cyberduck.

BTW if you look for a CD in Mac App Store it will be there for almost 20 bucks, and at their site it's for free....

image publishing problem

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.