Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Address Book - Remove contact from group only

Hello -

I want to update my groups in Address book but the "remove from group" option in my menu is not highlighted. Any ideas on how to make it highlighted and therefore usable?

If it helps, I am using Mac OS X version 10.6.7 and version 5.0.3 for Address book.

thanks

Mac OS X (10.6.7)

Posted on Jun 16, 2011 4:50 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 16, 2011 4:54 PM

Select the contact, press the DELETE key.

19 replies

Apr 24, 2012 7:12 AM in response to captfred

I have the same problem. I want to remove a card from a group in Address book but the "remove from group" option in my menu is ghosted. I'm not trying to remove from a smart group, just a regular group.

I tried it from INSIDE the group. If I delete by pressing the delete button, the card is removed from the whole address book.

Any ideas on how to remove a contact from a group?

Jun 27, 2012 7:45 AM in response to sberrie

I believe that you cannot selectively remove a contact from a group (but keep it in your main folder) when using an Exchange account. More specifically, you can't do this within Mac Address Book, but you CAN with Mac Outlook 2011.

Within Outlook, just drag the contact from the group to the Contacts folder. About 5 minutes later, the contact will disappear from the Address Book folder that you created, but still remain within the main 'Address Book/All Exchange' folder.

Just one more reason to use Microsoft Office for the Mac (I use Mac Word and Excel every day, and Outlook and Powerpoint very seldom -- much prefer Mail and Address Book)

Jason

Address Book - Remove contact from group only

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.