Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

i spilled tea on macbook pro and got it repaired at apple authorised service centre but not convinced about there way?

recently i spilled tea on my macbook pro screen but key were safe as it was covered with key guard,some tea trickeled down from screen to the dividing portion,imediatly i switched it off and left it for long period of time and then restarted it everything was fine only it was not getting charged the green ligh was only there, i took it to authorised apple service centre (very far) they examined it and told that everything seems to be ok..but they asked for some time to find some internal damage..i left the machine there and came back..i haven't received any call from them for two days when i asked them they told they need to change the charging port i agreed ..again no call from them..i just made a call again this time they told that charging port was unable to fix the problem..they told the the logic board has to be replaced..since it was costly and i bought the machine 5 month back ...so i made my mind to buy new one ..again i made a call (everytime i called them) they told me they have a logic board of some customer who broke his led panel and need to sell his logic board.they offered me if i want i can buy that..it will cost 35000(more than 50% than orignal machine) , i told them it will cover the warrenty or not they confirmed me "yes". i told them to change it since i was out of station ,it was not possible for me to go there so it was all done on phone. please help me i collected my macbook pro with lot of doubt in my mind..

1.Is that logic board will cover the warrenty and how can i make out is they changed it or just done nothing

2.what controll apple has on its service centre

3.when i asked them if something goes wrong and i will have to take it to any other service centre what to do,they suggested not to mention about logic board changing issue

4. is orignal logic board has some item no or something so that i can find out, i feel ,may be wrong that hey must have cheated me..and the charging port must have resolved the problem

Please help..and sorry for my language error,

MacBook Pro, Mac OS X (10.6.6)

Posted on Jun 16, 2011 10:08 PM

10 replies

Jun 17, 2011 12:25 AM in response to vishnuanand

Hi v,

Do you have the original serial number? Have you looked in System Profiler to see if there is a serial number, and if so, if it's the same one?

Changing the logic board changes the serial number, so unless they flash the ROM (and there have been many reports here that the repair shop did not), the serial number may not show up or may be different from the original.

Jul 18, 2011 2:38 AM in response to tjk

Thanks for your reply ,i was just out so unable to reach your comment. i am novice user so not much informed about all this tecnical things ,are you takng about the serial no mentioned at my invoice at the time of buying..so can you please reply in much simpler way where and how should i look for all this stuff

thanx again!

Jul 18, 2011 9:47 AM in response to vishnuanand

vishnuanand wrote:

Thanks for your reply ,i was just out so unable to reach your comment. i am novice user so not much informed about all this tecnical things ,are you takng about the serial no mentioned at my invoice at the time of buying..so can you please reply in much simpler way where and how should i look for all this stuff

thanx again!

Let's go one step at a time. Do you have any serial number?

Jul 19, 2011 12:41 AM in response to vishnuanand

vishnuanand wrote:

this is the one mentioned on my macbook invoice and on its body,this is pic of "about this mac" and now please help me to find where to

this compare it User uploaded file

So The Serial Number W80201QNATN is from your original invoice when you first bought the MBP. The same serial number is on the body of the MBP. The same serial number shows up in System Profiler when you start the MBP.

That all matches with the information given from one of the links I posted earlier. It fits your MBP perfectly:

Serial number: W80201QNATN

Name: MacBook Pro (Mid 2010 13 inch)

Group1: MacBook

Group2: Pro

Generation: 71

ModelCode:

Machine Model: MacBookPro7,1

Model introduced: 2010

Production year: 2010

Production week: 20 (May)

Production number: 1994 (within this week)

introduced test: 2010 (0) 1

introduced test: GOED

CPU speed: 2.66GHz

Family name: Become a pro user to see this information. (sorry)

Screen size: 13 inch

Screen resolution: 1280x800 pixels

Colour: Aluminium

Factory: W8 (Shanghai China)

Now this is a serial number you provided earlier: 34031968Atm Where does this come from?

Jul 19, 2011 10:52 AM in response to vishnuanand

vishnuanand wrote:

34031968Atm this is the serial number mentoned in my orignal invoice ,and it is also engraved on metallic body of the macbook

I think we finally have an answer! 😉

Drum rollllllllll

If 34031968Atm is the s/n on the original invoice and engraved on the body, and W80201QNATN is the number showing up in System Profiler right now, that means they changed your logic board, so it appears they were honest with you about that.

i spilled tea on macbook pro and got it repaired at apple authorised service centre but not convinced about there way?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.