Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Copy DVD's to iTunes

Hello

I was wondering what is the easiest way to copy my personal DVD's to my iTunes library so I can watch them on my iPod touch.

I have purchased iFunia Media Converter but I am having a lot of trouble with it and it is painfully slow.

Any help would be appreciated.

MacBook Pro, Mac OS X (10.6.7)

Posted on Jun 16, 2011 10:38 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 16, 2011 10:55 PM

If you're referring to commercial DVD's with content protection, then you can't legally copy them at all without the copyright holder's permission, even for your own use. It's against the terms of use of this site to discuss how to circumvent the content protection. There are many other places on the Web where you can find that information.

11 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 16, 2011 10:55 PM in response to KazzaK

If you're referring to commercial DVD's with content protection, then you can't legally copy them at all without the copyright holder's permission, even for your own use. It's against the terms of use of this site to discuss how to circumvent the content protection. There are many other places on the Web where you can find that information.

Aug 25, 2017 8:07 AM in response to KazzaK

If your DVD is home-made, Handbrake can rip content off DVD as a format accepted by iTunes for later transferring to iOS devices. But if you are trying to copy commercial DVDs to iTunes and requires for fast DVD ripping speed, you have to do more search and comparison work. This is because commercial discs are always strictly encrypted and rippers in the market are equipped with different functions.

Jun 16, 2011 11:33 PM in response to Abby11

Interesting; I decided to google ifunia and was met with several of these red flags:

User uploaded file

(The red dot indicates an untrusted website according to WOT = Web of Trust). I don't visit any site that comes up with that red flag. Therefore, I would also not download or use any software available from such a site.

And, it is clearly advertised as a DVD ripper and, as Linc had mentioned, discussing that is not allowed here. Terms of Use excerpt:

8. Keep within the Law

• No material may be submitted that is intended to promote or commit an illegal act.
  • Do not submit software or descriptions of processes that break or otherwise ‘work around’ digital rights management software or hardware. This includes conversations about ‘ripping’ DVDs or working around FairPlay software used on the iTunes Store.
  • Jun 17, 2011 8:20 AM in response to babowa

babowa wrote:

Apple does NOT endorse anything just because it is being sold through the app store.

@ Abby11: You will not get the warnings unless you have WOT installed - it is a plug-in add-on for browsers and warns you about unsafe sites.

The myth was this stuff was supposed to be vetted there.

Copy DVD's to iTunes

Welcome to Apple Support Community
    A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.