Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Mainstage Update available 2.1.3

Hi,

anyone there seeing secret improvements not mentioned in the update descriptions?

Fox

MacBook Pro, Mac OS X (10.6.7), 8GB, Logic Pro

Posted on Jun 16, 2011 11:10 PM

14 replies

Jun 17, 2011 12:55 PM in response to Foxboy71

MainStage 2.1.3 Update

This update improves overall performance and provides numerous fixes. This update is recommended for all users of MainStage 2. Issues addressed include but are not limited to:

MIDI Processing Issues

• The Patch List no longer lags behind the Workspace in response to rapid bursts of incoming patch change commands.
  • MIDI messages on channels other than channel 1 are now properly routed to multitimbral software instruments.

Compatibility Issues

• MainStage now properly displays factory presets for third-party Audio Unit plug-ins.
  • Fixes an issue which caused MainStage treat multiple keyboards of the same model as a single keyboard.
  • Fixes an issue in which MainStage did not respond to Concert download requests from the VAX77 keyboard.
  • Improves compatibility with Native Instruments plug-ins configured to use multiple outputs.

Stability issues

• Fixes several issues that sometimes lead to MainStage quitting unexpectedly when closing a concert.
  • The template browser no longer becomes unresponsive after deleting a user-created MainStage template in the Finder.
  • Resolves an issue in which MainStage might become unresponsive when Undo was performed after deleting several patches.
  • MainStage no longer quits unexpectedly if the Tru-Tape Delay pedal time setting in the Pedalboard is at its maximum value at very slow tempos.
  • Performance and stability are improved when switching between software instrument patches.
  • Resolves an issue in which dense clusters of incoming MIDI events might cause MainStage to quit unexpectedly under some circumstances.

General Issues

• The value displayed in the Layer Display Height Inspector control is now properly updated after Undo or Redo.
  • Resolves an issue introduced in MainStage 2.1 that sometimes set the send values on certain channel strips incorrectly when patches were imported.
  • Undo now works correctly after a channel strip is cut from a patch and pasted at the Set level.
  • Fixes an issue introduced in MainStage 2.1 that prevented parameters from being mapped to screen controls in alias patches.
  • Resolves an issue in which the polyphony set in patches containing ES2 was not always saved properly.
  • Fixes an issue on multi-mapped objects in which the Momentary checkbox had no effect if set for the first mapping.
  • Mapping multiple Pedalboard Sync parameters to a single screen control now works properly.
  • Fixes an issue that stopped the Delete key from deleting mappings from the Mappings tab on the Screen Control Inspector.
  • The "Send to All > Transpose Octave Up" and "Send to All > Transpose Octave Down" mappings now work correctly in patches with multiple channel strips.

Jun 18, 2011 3:51 AM in response to CCTM

That's fine as long as the format hasn't changed for concerts and there are no libraries or other files installed other than inside the app bundle. I remember there were quite a few problems at one time due to changes to the plist. Have you actually tested that the old version will continue to work on a concert that has been saved with the newer version?

Jun 19, 2011 2:27 AM in response to dhjdhj

dhjdhj wrote:

That's fine as long as the format hasn't changed for concerts and there are no libraries or other files installed other than inside the app bundle.

True enough.... that's the time for either Time Machine backups or a clone. It would do no harm to check the Installer to see what's getting installed where.

dhjdhj wrote:

I remember there were quite a few problems at one time due to changes to the plist.

I have not encountered this.

dhjdhj wrote:

Have you actually tested that the old version will continue to work on a concert that has been saved with the newer version?

I have not encountered any problems so far (though generally I have not needed to revert to the older versions, other than to check any changes of behaviour).

CCT

Jun 21, 2011 7:01 AM in response to Foxboy71

I can confirm the error with the EVB. I use it for about 70% of my performance and had a very panic stricken few hours when I (stupidly) updated to 2.1.3 on the morning of the gig. The sustain pedal now does not release on the EVB and so it is a useless instrument now. Lucily I had the foresight do do a time machine backup before installing so I just reverted back to 2.1.2 which is working fine. Lucky escape!

Ive now put snow leopard onto an external drive and Ill load logic onto it too. I'm going to use this drive to test out all subsequent updates first to avoid this again. I would also urge caution with Lion too, do a full test before committing it to the machine used on stage.

Please Apple - sort out the EVB problem!

Mainstage Update available 2.1.3

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.