Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I add Latin spellcheck to Mac Pages 09

Hi! I'm a new mac user and need to use Latin spellchecking for some of my work. Previous messages I read suggested downloading Cocoaspell, but that site says that it is not compatible with Mac Pages. And, I've tried marking Latin in the System Preferences, but it doesn't appear in Pages.

Is there anything that will work? If so, would someone be kind enough to give me a recommendation with step by step directions.

Thank you!

Posted on Jun 17, 2011 2:36 PM

10 replies

Jun 19, 2011 12:03 PM in response to Tom Gewecke

I went to the cocoaspell link and that is what downloaded the dictionary. When I attempt to download the other la pack which I think has spellcheck, the DictUnifier won't let me select it. I previously loaded it for Open Office, but can't get it to work with Pages.

Latin appears in the list in my system preferences, but will not show up in my inspector window in pages at the bottom of th elist.

Jun 19, 2011 1:52 PM in response to colleenmaura

DictUnifier has nothing to do with spellcheck as far as I know, perhaps you need to start over to de-confuse things.

See this note:

http://m10lmac.blogspot.com/2011/06/extra-spell-checking-dictionaries-for.html

Use Option 1 and find Latin. Download the OOo pack. Inside it find la.zip and double click on it to get the la folder. Inside the folder you will see la.dic and la.aff. Drag/drop them to your folder Home/Library/Spelling.

How do I add Latin spellcheck to Mac Pages 09

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.