Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Cannot render a large Motion File in Final Cut.

FC keeps crashing. I have made as a movie in Motion and imported. This works but I loose my workflow function obviously.

2.8Ghz core i7, 8gig iMac OS 10.6.7

MacBook Pro's, Mac OS X (10.5.5), Power PC G5, iMac quad core

Posted on Jun 17, 2011 2:28 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 17, 2011 7:48 PM

It may be a memory issue -

When I've been unable to render a large Motion project in FCP, I developed 2 workarounds.

1. Render in sections. Mark in/out on a small section of the Motion project in your FCP timeline. Opt-A to select in->out,. Render selection. Save. Mark in/out on next section. Rinse, repeat...

2. Render a movie out of Motion. Cut it over the Motion project in your timeline. That way when you need to make changes, you still have your motion project in your timeline, you can ctrl/right-click on it and Open in Editor... then render it out again and replace the rendered movie in your timeline.

make sense?

You could post your crash log and we might make guesses about other options.

Patrick

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 17, 2011 7:48 PM in response to Pirate09

It may be a memory issue -

When I've been unable to render a large Motion project in FCP, I developed 2 workarounds.

1. Render in sections. Mark in/out on a small section of the Motion project in your FCP timeline. Opt-A to select in->out,. Render selection. Save. Mark in/out on next section. Rinse, repeat...

2. Render a movie out of Motion. Cut it over the Motion project in your timeline. That way when you need to make changes, you still have your motion project in your timeline, you can ctrl/right-click on it and Open in Editor... then render it out again and replace the rendered movie in your timeline.

make sense?

You could post your crash log and we might make guesses about other options.

Patrick

Cannot render a large Motion File in Final Cut.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.