I believe your LJ4+ uses a parallel connection, you can purchase an adaptor to convert it to USB,
The LJ4+ was also offered with a JetDirect network card and if yours has one you can connect it to your home network.
Finally you could purchase an HP printserver, connect that to your printer & your network.
One of these will work, the 2nd option is cheapest but depends on your particular LJ having a network connector already fitted.
At your service ;-)
The only feature that is still missing in the new forum interface is an audio alarm that warns you when someone else has just posted the answer you are about to compose. I was still collecting picts when you posted :-)
Or an auto-screen-update would be nice.
You can buy this cord at a local computer store or on the internet.
Ask for a "Parallel to USB adaptor printer cable" (there is only 1 type so it works for PC and Mac).
Remember : the Parallel plug that goes into the printer is sometimes called Centronics,
so a ""Centronics to USB adaptor printer cable" is just the same.
I got the cord, finally, YEAH! Now what?
I do not have an installation disc for this printer, my daughter installed it on my old desk top years ago for me. AND, I have Never installed anything on me Macbook Air, it's all new to me...can you tell me what to do next please? in simple step by step directions!
Fasten your seatbelt :-)
1. make sure the printer is turned OFF
2. connect the printer to the MBA with the cord
3. if not already ON, turn the MBA ON
4. turn the printer ON
5. click on the Apple icon in the menubar
6. select "System Preferences"
7. select "Print & Scan" (in the section Hardware)
8. on the left of the "Print & Scan" window is a list of all connected printers
Do your see your Laser Printer in this printer list ?
If YES, print something.
if NO, read on
8. click the + at the bottom of the printer list window
9. select your printer model from the list
if you DO find your printer/model, select it and print something, let me know if it doesn't work
if you DO NOT find your printer/model
10. goto the "Download Printer Driver" page on the website of the printer manufacturer
11. follow installation instructions from the manufacturer
12. print something
Can you print ?