Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

i have an imac i bought in 2006 and am trying to install a trackpad. i have a version 10.5.8 is it possible for me to do this

I am trying to install my new trackpad(touchpad) in place of my old useless wireless mouse. Am not able to pair it up with my imac , is this possible. it is a 2006 imac with a version 10.5.8.

iMac, Mac OS X (10.5.8)

Posted on Jun 17, 2011 8:02 PM

8 replies

Jun 17, 2011 9:55 PM in response to 67 sharkz

One reason the trackpad won't work with an earlier OS version is because Apple did not include the much advertised gestures in the system until 10.6.4 or .5. You might be able to return it if someone at the store told you it would work with your model Mac. Or, if your iMac meets the system requirements for Snow Leopard, you can upgrade to it - but, make sure it meets the minimum requirements first. Also check in System Profiler that your Mac does have bluetooth.

i have an imac i bought in 2006 and am trying to install a trackpad. i have a version 10.5.8 is it possible for me to do this

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.