Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

20" cinema display with no power suddenly

Hi,

After a modest lightning and thunder event yesterday we saw that while the attached MacMini still showed its power light, the 20" cinema display was dark. The single little power light in the lower corner was also dark (no blinking pattern.)

The mini is functional, demonstrated by logging in from another computer on the local network. Attaching a wired mouse to the monitor while everything was connected did not lead to the red light on the undersurface of the mouse. Which leads me to think that there is no functioning power within the monitor. Reasonable?

Looking in the discussions here shows more trouble and remarkably wildly varying solutions for the 23" monitor's dark problems compared to the 20".

We would be interested in any thoughts and experience you may have.

Ideal, probably, would be if the problem is in the power adaptor. I'm guessing that Apple Store or Tekserve (in NYC) could test the adaptor.

I don't think that Plan B would be repair of the monitor. Any suggestions for an approximately 20" DVI monitor that is working well with a Mini?

Thanks,

dick glendon

Mac mini, Mac OS X (10.5.8)

Posted on Jun 18, 2011 6:31 AM

1 reply

20" cinema display with no power suddenly

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.