Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Blue and White G3 Dead

Recently purchased a B/W G3 400mhz as a replacement for my 12 year old 350, which was great, but the PCI slots were blown. Installed two additional HD's (one of which is SCSI) along with OS 9.2.1 which I upgraded to 9.2.2, also installed MOTU Digital Performer 2.7, Motu Audio System along with it's PCI 324 on the 400mhz. Everything worked fine until I realized that the CD drive was Read Only. So I also installed the CD drive from the old G3. Problems. But changed the jumpers on the CD drive and it worked.

Problem then was, new G3 400mhz would not boot unless the MOTU PCI card was not installed. Computer would not turn off, had to unplug each time I wanted to reboot. Reinstalled all the MOTU stuff, countless power off's and ons. Finally realized that I probably corrupted the System so was going ot reinstall OS 9 when then, computer goes completely dead. It's plugged in but power button does nothing. Did I blow the power supply?

PowerMac, Mac OS 9.0.x, B/W G3

Posted on Jun 18, 2011 6:20 AM

2 replies

Blue and White G3 Dead

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.