Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

MainStage: Syncing GuitarRig to Playback

Hi,

I've got a question concerning my MainStage live setup.

I'm fairly new to this software, as I've been using Logic most of the time to control backing tracks, GuitarRig patches and vocal effects.

Question 1:

Is ist possible, to sync a AIF backing track (which contains a stereo track with click- and synthtrack) to GuitarRig? I've got a patch in GuitarRig, which syncs to the internal metronome of the plugin (tremolo effect). In Logic, this patch was automatically synced to the global tempo of the project. By keyframing the global tempo track I was able to sync the different GR patches to the backing tracks of the different songs.

As I am quite limited in choosing the order of the songs in my live set, I'd like to do the same in MainStage (which would allow me to change song order using drag-and-drop).

Question 2:

I've also programmed songs in logic (with AIFF backing track and GuitarRig) to change the GuitarRig patch automatically a certain positions of the song (e.g. 3 bars Patch 1, then quick chance to Patch 2 for one bar, then again 3 bars Patch one, 1 bar patch 2, ... and so on) ... as this is a fairly complicated setup, I cannot switch the patches in time manually. Is there a way to program automatic patch switching in MainStage?

Cheers

Alex

MainStage, Mac OS X (10.6.7)

Posted on Jun 18, 2011 8:10 AM

1 reply

Jun 23, 2011 4:57 PM in response to netvolve

Question 1:

Yes, audio files from Logic that are imported into the Playback plug-in can be set to play at the patch tempo . GuitarRig should also respect the patch setting.

Question 2:

No, because MainStage doesn't have a timeline... because it's not a sequencer. MainStage undestands bars, beats, etc from the concept of when the clock is started (the Play button in the toolbar.. or hitting the space bar), but it has no concept of when you change patches in relation to that clock.

MainStage: Syncing GuitarRig to Playback

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.