Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Skype red recording bar won't go away..I've shut down and restarted and it's still there. Skype app is not open. Does anyone know how to get rid of this?

I was sky ping today and after I ended the call, I noticed a red bar saying that skype was recording, however, the app was closed. So I restarted the iPad and it's still there. Does anyone know how to get rid of it?

iPad 2

Posted on Jun 18, 2011 4:47 PM

6 replies

Jun 18, 2011 5:11 PM in response to LauraMackie

Laura-

I didn't know Skype on the iPad could record!

If you double-click the Home button, there should be a row of recently used Apps along the bottom of the screen. Scroll across and look for the Skype App. Press it and hold until a red minus sign appears. Touch the minus sign and the Skype icon should go away. Press the home button to return to normal operation.

See if that makes any difference.

Fred

Dec 21, 2013 2:31 PM in response to LauraMackie

For my understanding, the red bar with "<any app> (recording)" indicates that the mic is active in the background.

Means the user should to be aware that an app (like Skype or others) is active in conversation during working with other apps in parallel. So the user will not forget to switch of before talking about important company or family secrets :)

Apple Support should write an official statement, that this (little misleading) term 'recording' is not really recording conversations on iPad. Better would be 'Mic active' instead, because red bar is alert enough.

------------------------------------

Dear Apple Support,

Please confirm that 'recording' in this context is just for user awareness and has nothing to do with international security organizations or data security violation from app providers.

Furthermore a better term would be nice in the next service pack ;)

Thanks for 'recording' this issue.

Skype red recording bar won't go away..I've shut down and restarted and it's still there. Skype app is not open. Does anyone know how to get rid of this?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.