Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can't Make a DVD for Sony Player

Will the new iMacs/MBPros not record for use with a Sony DVD player. Threads of this concern are from 2006/7 but not recent.

I even used Toast 11 to try to make a slideshow and they work well on my computers and Apple TV 2 but never on the player. My "route" was iPhone slideshow to iDVD for music and themes and then burn in the iDVD window OR in the Toast 11 app. Nothing plays on the Sony Player.

Any ideas...?

Posted on Jun 18, 2011 4:34 PM

1 reply

Jun 18, 2011 6:02 PM in response to Pete Kroner

Have you checked the DVD player manual for the formats and media it supports?

And, (sorry if you've already done this) - if using Toast, are you choosing the right options for burning? I don't own an iPhone and that shouldn't make a difference, but have you also tried to put it through iMovie before finishing it in iDVD? (Just trying to cover all the bases).

I've burned many DVDs and have never had a problem; however, I do not own any Sony products (by choice), and, it's been mentioned here before that Sony and Apple do not always play nice together. However, in this case, that shouldn't make a difference either because burning media results in a widely readable format, so I'm leaning towards blaming the player. Do you (or a neighbor, friend) have a different make DVD player for you to try your DVD on?

Can't Make a DVD for Sony Player

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.