Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

If I create a pop menu, and I fill a column with that menu but I want to manually type in a cell that the pop menu is in, is that possible?

i have created a column with a pop up menu but find that sometimes i need to enter something manually that is not in the pop up menu, is that possible?

numbers-OTHER

Posted on Jun 18, 2011 5:58 PM

2 replies

Jun 18, 2011 6:40 PM in response to Community User

cee ciee,

To replace a Pop-Up list with a direct input requires that the cell be reformatted as Automatic or Text, or whatever, and then edited by typing the new value. This will remove the Pop-up format, so while you can do what you wish, you won't be able to simply get the Pop-Up back if you change your mind. You would have to Copy an instance of the same format from elsewhere in your doc and Paste it where you need to do the replacement, assuming one exists to copy from.

Jerry

Jun 18, 2011 6:47 PM in response to Community User

Not 'manually' in the sense I think you mean, but you can do it in an indirect manner.

You'll need to open the Cell Format Inspector and either edit the cell's menu to add the value you want to 'enter manually', then choose that value from the edited menu, OR change the format of the cell to something other than Popup menu (choosing a format appropriate to the value you want to enter), then enter the value as you would for any 'ordinary' cell.

Regards,

Barry

If I create a pop menu, and I fill a column with that menu but I want to manually type in a cell that the pop menu is in, is that possible?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.