Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Where is apple remote desktop?

MacBook Pro, Mac OS X (10.6.7)

Posted on Jun 18, 2011 7:36 PM

15 replies

Jun 18, 2011 8:18 PM in response to computer master

You can access it's setting in the Apple Menu > System Preferences > Sharing > Remote Management

Where ARD is actually installed on the computer I do not know, likely tied into the OS itself. It's not in the Applicaiton or Utilities folder

Only the client side is on Mac's, the control software is sold separately, so this way if someone has a problem a simple phone call and instructions can turn on the client side and the remote person can repair the machine.

Jun 18, 2011 9:01 PM in response to john.grayson

john.grayson wrote:

I own apple remote desktop and it is installed in the applications folder under "R" for Remote Desktop

it is NOT installed in the utilities folder. The client app may be installed in the utilities folder but ARD is certainly not located in the utilities folder.

It's inside my utility folder. The icon looks like this - User uploaded fileand it is called "Remote Install Mac OS X.app"

When you click on the icon, the window tells you exactly what it is used for.

User uploaded file

User uploaded file

Jun 19, 2011 3:52 AM in response to CMCSK

Remote Install is NOT apple remote desktop. You can post all the screen captures of other apps you want but it won't change the fact that you are wrong. The poster is asking where the app "Apple Remote Desktop" is installed on your computer, not Remote Install - not any any point ff anyone ask about Remote Install. Remote Desktop is an app that you can purchase from apple/mac app store and once installed is located under "R" for REMOTE DESKTOP

Apr 17, 2014 8:21 PM in response to ds store

I found the Remote Desktop on HD--Library--Apple--. Click on it. It is a black square appear. Do you think that is realy belongs to Apple company? When I truned around, window waited for enough to sleep, I couldn't signed in back to window. Until now I don't understant what is going on. Please give me an idea about that.

Apr 26, 2014 9:07 AM in response to computer master

Hi there,

To be clear Remote Desktop is a seperate app to be downloaded through the Mac App Store.

http://www.apple.com/remotedesktop/

The built in version, should you simly wish to control or view screens on other computers on your network is called Screen Sharing.

You cannot find the Screen Sharing app in any obvious place as it is built into you network shares in Finder.

See the article below with a how to.

http://support.apple.com/kb/PH11150

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.