Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Stuck on "Login Window Loading" screen

one night i was putting a big file, about 2-4 gb, into iphoto from my old imac and i forgot to make sure that it stayed on my external hard drive and there wasnt enough room on my main drive because they were small hard drives except for my external. iphoto said there wasnt enough room so i selected all the pics i just transfered and tried to put them back in my external but still in iphoto and then the screen dimmed a little and this message came up saying i need to restart my computer so i just turned it off because i was tired and thought i could deal with this some other time. then a week or 2 later i turned it back on and it got all the way to were it said "login window starting" and stopped about 98 percent. and i waited for a few minutes and decided to just leave it there and clean my room then i watched a movie and when it was done i checked back and it didnt move. whats wrong with it.

Posted on Jun 18, 2011 7:59 PM

1 reply

Jun 18, 2011 9:11 PM in response to IanRingering

Hi Ian,

What they don't tell you is that Free Space on your Hard Drive is NOT YOUR Free Space, you need at the very minimum about 10% or 10GB at the very minimum, & in my experience, less than 40% will slow OSX down to one degree or another. 😟

Very Important, how much Free Space is on your Hard Drive first of all? Click on the Macintosh HD on the Desktop, then do a Get Info on it.

Once you delete a few big files & empty the Trash, especially any on te Desktop that use 3 times the resources...

How much free space is on the HD, where has all the space gone?

OmniDiskSweeper is now free, and likely the best/easiest...

http://www.omnigroup.com/applications/omnidisksweeper/

Stuck on "Login Window Loading" screen

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.