Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

trouble importing XDCAM EX

I have fcp7 and have not worked with XDCAM EX footage. My friend sent me a file so I started up FCP and chose XDCAM EX 108060i for the preset, then tried to open the file in log and transfer but FCP would not recognize the file, saying it had a corrupt file structure. So I went to Sony's cryptic support site and downloaded the XDCAM utility and the clip played just fine. So I went to export it to QT but there was no preset for QT or ProRes. What am I doing wrong? Thanks!

MacPro 8 core, Mac OS X (10.5.8), FCS3

Posted on Jun 18, 2011 8:39 PM

13 replies

Jun 19, 2011 12:06 AM in response to johnnyVDO

Did you install the XDCAM Log and Transfer plugin? If not, FCP cannot log and transfer the footage.

And with the Sony Clip Browser, you can only convert to XDCAM EX Quicktimes, you cannot transcode to ProRes with it. You would have to do it after the fact, say with the Media Manager.

http://pro.sony.com/bbsc/ssr/micro-xdcamexsite/resource.downloads.bbsccms-assets -micro-xdcamex-downloads-XDCAMEXBrowserForAppleFCP.shtml

Jun 19, 2011 7:24 AM in response to johnnyVDO

Hi Johnny,

If you were given an MP4 file or a folder containing several files including .smi, .ppn, .xml & .bim and that folder is not contained in another folder called CLPR with 2 xml's which in turn are within a folder called BPAV then taht is your problem. That's how they should be used for the Transfer plugin and tool to work.

If however you have a .mov then you just need the XDCAM codec. If you download and install the file that Shane steers to that will install all the necessary codecs for you.

All the best

Pi

Jun 19, 2011 1:29 PM in response to Shane Ross

I downloaded and installed the clip browser in my Applications folder and can open and play the bpav file.

Here are the contents of the bpav folder:

User uploaded file

I open a project with the XDCAM EX 1080i VBR setup then go to log and transfer. I locate the bpav file but I keep getting a invalid directory structure message. I also try to open sub folders and get the same message. Are the items arranged incorrectly? How do I know if I've installed the correct XDCAM plug-ins?

Jun 19, 2011 2:41 PM in response to johnnyVDO

Everything in the file structure looks exactly how I would expect (except the folders would normally be in full caps). You are doing the right thing by pointing it to or dragging in the BPAV folder. So there may well be a corruption of the data.

How was the file sent to you? Was it zipped or archived? Sent via IP, flash disk, DVD or HDD?

Is your friend able to convert the file for you or was that the purpose of him sending it to you in the first place? He may need to resend it to you but archive/zip it first to maintain it's integrity.

Pi

trouble importing XDCAM EX

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.